Community Engagement Intern
Gratitude & Appreciation Intern
Our Mission: White Pony Express (WPE) is a 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of healthy, perishable food, along with new and like new clothing, toys, and books. WPE works efficiently with our community partners to eliminate hunger and poverty in by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need - with love!
General Description: The Community Engagement Intern will be primarily responsible for drafting, distributing and recording thank yous, and a wide range of other creative appreciation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the overall thank you process for product and in-kind donors, including community donors who bring goods to the WPE distribution center
- Assist in special "thank you," impact reporting and storytelling projects for financial donors, supporters, partners and campaigns, including short videos
- Draft acknowledgement letters, notes and other designed collateral pieces
- Distribute thank yous via direct mail, email and in-person delivery
- Help ideate personal, creative ways to show appreciation for WPE supporters and community members; connecting them with the impact of their contributions
- Record all communications and interactions in Donor Perfect database.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships & Volunteer Services Director
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Engaging, enthusiastic self-starter
- Passion for storytelling, creative writing and compelling content creation
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting; great listener and communicator
- Entrepreneurially minded: energized and invigorated by a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Organized, responsible, and dependable
- Curious and creative with the ability to bring humor and an optimistic approach to challenges
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook), online research, and general familiarity with databases.
- Basic photo and video editing skills, experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Savvy with social and digital media channels, must have a good eye for design
- Project management experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) but current students okay.
- Job Type: Internship, 20 hours per week, 3-4 months
3380 Vincent Road#107Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
- People 55+