This is your chance to garden like a Pro - a Japanese Gardening Pro! Come help us maintain the beautiful Japanese Garden in Downtown Phoenix.
We accept volunteers 7am - 10am most Saturdays.
The gardening volunteer tasks will range from light (raking, weeding, picking trash up) to medium (pruning shrubs along the perimeter, thinning bamboo, edging honeysuckle) to heavy/arduous (planting, digging, cutting out dead stumps, turning compost, wheel barrowing) and more. We strive to match the person with their comfort level.
Here are the instructions:
1. Please wear closed toed shoes for safety and for the ants, if any.
2. Please bring your own sunscreen.
3. We have a water fount but it is always a good idea to keep a bottle of water nearby.
4. Please consider wearing a hat as it can still get hot during the day.
5. As with all gardens we have our share of bugs so a bug repellant be a good idea. We do not have any on hand at the garden.
6. Volunteers can use our tools but feel free to bring a favorite gardening tool if you like.
If you choose to come work we will provide you with a liability form to fill
Out in advance and bring with you for each person attending. No one under 12 years of age please. Children 12 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult during volunteer activity.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- Ability to use a wheel barrow, soe digging with spades, some ladder work