Japanese Gardening volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
96 people are interested
This is your chance to garden like a Pro - a Japanese Gardening Pro! Come help us maintain the beautiful Japanese Garden in Downtown Phoenix.
We accept volunteers 7am - 10am most Saturdays.
The gardening volunteer tasks will range from light (raking, weeding, picking trash up) to medium (pruning shrubs along the perimeter, thinning bamboo, edging honeysuckle) to heavy/arduous (planting, digging, cutting out dead stumps, turning compost, wheel barrowing) and more. We strive to match the person with their comfort level.
Here are the instructions:
1. Please wear closed toed shoes for safety and for the ants, if any.
2. Please bring your own sunscreen.
3. We have a water fount but it is always a good idea to keep a bottle of water nearby.
4. Please consider wearing a hat as it can still get hot during the day.
5. As with all gardens we have our share of bugs so a bug repellant be a good idea. We do not have any on hand at the garden.
6. Volunteers can use our tools but feel free to bring a favorite gardening tool if you like.
If you choose to come work we will provide you with a liability form to fill
Out in advance and bring with you for each person attending. No one under 12 years of age please. Children 12 to 18 must be accompanied by an adult during volunteer activity.
About Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, Arizona
1125 N. 3 Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003, US
The Mission of the Japanese Friendship Garden is to maintain a beautiful, serene Japanese garden in the heart of Phoenix and provide educational and artistic programs and events to deepen our relationships and celebrate the rich history and culture of Japan.
The Japanese Friendship Garden - also known as Ro Ho En - is an authentic 3 1/2 acre Japanese Stroll Garden with tea garden and tea house. This tranquil and beautiful setting features 1,500 tons of hand-picked rock, stone footbridges, lanterns and more than 50 varieties of plants. Flowing streams, a 12-foot waterfall and a Koi pond with over 300 colorful Koi fish refresh the senses. The Garden is the product and shared cultural vision of the Sister Cities of Phoenix and Himeji, Japan.
We'll work with your schedule.
1125 N. 3rd Ave.Phoenix, AZ 85003
- People 55+
- Must be at least 13
- Orientation or Training
- 6:30am-9:30am Saturdays
- Ability to use a wheel barrow, soe digging with spades, some ladder work