Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission Of
The Japanese Friendship Garden
of Phoenix, Arizona
• To provide a place of beauty and tranquility as an escape from the everyday pressures of life for meditation and relaxation and to enrich and restore the body, mind and spirit.
• To encourage the citizens of Phoenix, Himeji and people from around the world to enjoy the experience of an authentic Japanese stroll garden.
• To promote the education, understanding and appreciation of the Japanese culture and its rich history and traditions.
• To foster a lasting friendship between the citizens and governments of the Sister Cities of Phoenix, and Himeji.
• To facilitate a positive public/private partnership with the cities of Phoenix and Himeji for the promotion, operation and maintenance of the Japanese Friendship Garden in Phoenix, Arizona.
• To recognize the generous contributions of time, money and gifts from the citizens and governments of Phoenix and Himeji, especially the architects and contractors of Himeji.
The Japanese Friendship Garden - Ro Ho En is an authentic 3 1/2 acre Japanese Stroll Garden with tea garden and tea house. This Tranquil and beautiful setting features more than 1,500 tons of hand picked rock, stone footbridges, lanterns and more than 50 varieties of plants. Flowing streams, a 12-foot waterfall and a Koi pond with over 300 colorful Koi fish. The Garden is the product and shared cultural vision of the Sister Cities of Phoenix and Himeji, Japan.
- Mary Murphy-Bessler
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!