- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Share your four-legged best friend and provide comfort, peace, and soothing companionship to terminally ill patients! A half hour/hour visit between a patient and an animal promotes activity, conversation and emotional connection. Often, simply the presence of the dog, cat, rabbit, or other pet is all that is required to promote the positive effects. However, patients, caregivers and family can interact with your best friend as they would with any pet:
- Tossing a ball or toy for the animal to fetch
- Enjoying the presence of the animal in silence
- Talking to, petting, holding, hugging or cuddling with the animal
- Enjoying playful animal tricks and commands such as sitting, rolling over, or shaking hands
- Being effectively house trained
- Having no history of aggressive behavior and welcome human interaction
- Displaying obedience to commands such as "sit," "stay", and "come."
- Having all appropriate and up-to-date vaccinations
- Being of a certain age depending on species
Opportunities to serve are available throughout Homeland Hospice's south central PA service area! Contact Laurie today!
About Homeland Hospice
2300 Vartan Way, Suite 270, Harrisburg, PA 17110, US
To provide the highest quality of care to patients and families during the terminal stages of life.
Homeland Hospice utilizes a team approach to provide care to patients with a life limiting illness. We encourage patients and their families to live each day as fully as possible. Our focus is symptom management and quality of life. We believe everyone has the right to die with dignity. The team includes: physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, aides, volunteers, complementary therapists; with the patient and family always at the center of focus.
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout service areaDauphin, Cumberland, Perry, Juniata, FrankilinAdams, York, Lebanon, Schuylkill CountiesHarrisburg, PA 17110
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible!
- 2-step PPD/TB Test (cost paid by Homeland)