Event and Sustainability Committee
8 people are interested
Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) is the only rape crisis center in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. We are a strong but mighty staff looking for a committee to assist the Fundraising Coordinator with Corporate support and event planning.
The primary function of the committee is to execute the fund development plan for MESA that includes a mix of strategies including grant funding, corporate support, and our signature events; Bold, Brave, and Beautiful (BBB) and the Canine Classic. The Development Committee reports to and works alongside the Fundraising Coordinator. Committee members will be asked to attend special events and assist in the cultivation of donors; individual or corporate.
Scope of Work
- Assist in the execution of the fund development plan
- Help arrange speaking opportunities in front of community organizations (Kiwanis, Optimist, and Rotary, to name a few) and corporations.
- Review the progress on the fund development plan to participate in problem solving to address lags in achievement of objectives and targets.
- Assist with 2 signature events in October 2019 and (tentatively) April 2020.
- Publicly support the work of MESA in your circle of friends, social media channels, and at your place of business.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Moving to End Sexual Assault
1455 Dixon Ave, Lafayette, CO 80026, US
We believe that every person has the right to live free of sexual assault. We are moving to end sexual assault and the suffering it causes in our community. We challenge all forms of oppression and recognize their connection to sexual violence.
The mission Moving to End Sexual Assault (MESA) is to end the suffering in our community caused by sexual assault. We believe every person has the right to live free of sexual assault. Through our client services we are here to help sexual assault survivors and their loved ones today and through our prevention education programs we are working towards changing tomorrow to ensure a world free of sexual assault.
Since 1972, MESA has and continues to be the only rape crisis center serving Boulder County. MESA serves over 1,000 individuals annually through our Rape Crisis & Information Hotline.
We'll work with your schedule.
1455 Dixon AveLafayette, CO 80026
- Event Design & Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Meeting Schedule The committee meets monthly. Meetings will be no more than one hour unless ahead of an event. Meeting locations will be determined by the proximity of committee members.