10 people are interested
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY OUTREACH PROGRAM
Importance of Position:
Provide library materials and services to home-bound individuals, and residents of congregate and nursing housing who are unable to come to the Fargo Public Library due to mental, physical, sensory or social disability.
- Submit volunteer application and agreement and sign Inquiry Release Form.
- Be at least 18 years old and have the ability to read and write English at a 12 th grade level.
- Be able to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds consistently.
- Ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of clients’ situation and needs.
- Willingness to be creative, flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent delivery schedule.
Responsible to: Outreach Librarian
- Successfully complete training program.
- Select, check out and deliver library materials to an assigned facility or client once or twice a month on a regular schedule.
- Return used materials to the circulation area to be checked in and shelved.
- Meet reporting requirements including monthly reports on hours of service, items delivered and materials used. If you are unable to make a delivery for any reason, notify Outreach Librarian immediately.
After initial training, then 3-5 hours (for each distribution) to prepare and deliver materials, usually every other week.
Length of Commitment: Minimum 1 year, prefer long term
Grounds for Termination (including, but not limited to):
- Failure to successfully complete the training program
- Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Breach of confidentiality
We'll work with your schedule.
102 North 3rd St.Fargo, ND 58102
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week, biweekly on a regular schedule
- 1 year commitment