13 people are interested
FARGO PUBLIC LIBRARY OUTREACH PROGRAM
Importance of Position:
Provide library materials and services to home-bound individuals, and residents of congregate and nursing housing who are unable to come to the Fargo Public Library due to mental, physical, sensory or social disability.
- Submit volunteer application and agreement and sign Inquiry Release Form.
- Be at least 18 years old and have the ability to read and write English at a 12 th grade level.
- Be able to bend, push, pull, stretch, reach and lift 40 pounds consistently.
- Ability to be sensitive, patient, understanding and respectful of clients’ situation and needs.
- Willingness to be creative, flexible, enthusiastic and have a sense of humor.
- Have good communication, listening and organizational skills.
- Willingness to commit to a consistent delivery schedule.
Responsible to: Outreach Librarian
- Successfully complete training program.
- Select, check out and deliver library materials to an assigned facility or client once or twice a month on a regular schedule.
- Return used materials to the circulation area to be checked in and shelved.
- Meet reporting requirements including monthly reports on hours of service, items delivered and materials used. If you are unable to make a delivery for any reason, notify Outreach Librarian immediately.
After initial training, then 3-5 hours (for each distribution) to prepare and deliver materials, usually every other week.
Length of Commitment: Minimum 1 year, prefer long term
Grounds for Termination (including, but not limited to):
- Failure to successfully complete the training program
- Failure to carry out assigned responsibilities
- Breach of confidentiality
About Fargo Public Library
102 North 3rd St., Fargo, ND 58102, US
The Fargo Public Library provides effective and efficient library services to meet our patrons' personal, professional, and lifelong learning needs.
The Fargo Public Library provides a wide variety of services and collections to the citizens of Fargo. A primary service the library provides is our Outreach Program that brings library resources to citizens who aren't able to visit the library. The Outreach program is primarily staffed by volunteers. For more information please contact Pam Strait at email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
102 North 3rd St.Fargo, ND 58102
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week, biweekly on a regular schedule
- 1 year commitment