Fund Development & Communications Intern
Position Overview: International Social Service is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented Fund Development and Communications Intern to join the team. This role will be responsible for a range of fundraising, communications, marketing, and event planning initiatives to build brand awareness, increase revenue, and enhance visibility of our organization. Reporting directly to the Development & Communications Coordinator, the Fund Development and Communications Intern will work independently and collaboratively to support the implementation of strategic plans.
- Work with the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator to carry out fundraising plans;
- Conduct research on funding opportunities;
- Assist with grants and proposals for programs and special events;
- Draft donor solicitation letters and other fundraising materials;
- Increase organizational exposure by coordinating a social media strategy, creating content across social media channels, and analyzing traffic;
- Produce print and web-based material, including monthly e-newsletters, annual reports, flyers, and event tools;
- Plan and manage organizational events including promotion, logistical planning, and sponsorship solicitation;
- Maintain and update the website, donor database (Donor Perfect), and email marketing software (Constant Contact);
- Represent ISS-USA at networking and other professional events;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or interest in developing marketing materials;
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Knowledge of a broad range of social media platforms;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of external and internal partners;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate strategic plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and under direct supervision of the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator;
- A keen sense of humor;
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ISS-USA;
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and web design are a plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
22 Light StreetSuite 200Baltimore, MD 21202
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Marie Blum, Fund Development and Communications Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.