Fund Development & Communications Intern
12 people are interested
Position Overview: International Social Service is seeking a motivated, organized, and detail-oriented Fund Development and Communications Intern to join the team. This role will be responsible for a range of fundraising, communications, marketing, and event planning initiatives to build brand awareness, increase revenue, and enhance visibility of our organization. Reporting directly to the Development & Communications Coordinator, the Fund Development and Communications Intern will work independently and collaboratively to support the implementation of strategic plans.
- Work with the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator to carry out fundraising plans;
- Conduct research on funding opportunities;
- Assist with grants and proposals for programs and special events;
- Draft donor solicitation letters and other fundraising materials;
- Increase organizational exposure by coordinating a social media strategy, creating content across social media channels, and analyzing traffic;
- Produce print and web-based material, including monthly e-newsletters, annual reports, flyers, and event tools;
- Plan and manage organizational events including promotion, logistical planning, and sponsorship solicitation;
- Maintain and update the website, donor database (Donor Perfect), and email marketing software (Constant Contact);
- Represent ISS-USA at networking and other professional events;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or interest in developing marketing materials;
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Knowledge of a broad range of social media platforms;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of external and internal partners;
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate strategic plans;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and under direct supervision of the Fund Development and Communications Coordinator;
- A keen sense of humor;
- Commitment to the mission and vision of ISS-USA;
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, and web design are a plus.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SERVICE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BRANCH INC
22 LIGHT STREET, BALTIMORE, MD 21202, US
International Social Service-USA mobilizes a domestic and international network of legal and social work professionals to efficiently connect vulnerable children, adults and families who are separated by international borders to the services and support they need.
The International Social Service (ISS) is an international NGO founded in 1924; today a network of national entities and a General Secretariat that assist children and families confronted with complex social problems as a result of migration. Thanks to its presence in more than 120 countries, ISS is a global actor promoting child protection and welfare. We are the U.S. member of this global child protection and social service network. In the spirit of international cooperation, we:
- Assist those who, as a result of voluntary or forced migration, or other social problems of an international character, have to overcome personal or family difficulties.
- Study the conditions and consequences of migration and make recommendations.
- Help prevent social problems linked to migration or intercountry mobility.
- Inform professionals and the public of the needs of migrant individuals and families.
- Develop and maintain an international network of bodies to meet the needs of individuals and families who require the services of International Social Service.
We'll work with your schedule.
22 Light StreetSuite 200Baltimore, MD 21202
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Marie Blum, Fund Development and Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com.