INTERNATIONAL SOCIAL SERVICE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA BRANCH INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Immigrants & Refugees
- People with Disabilities
Location1120 N Charles StreetSuite 300BALTIMORE, MD 21201 United States
International Social Service-USA mobilizes a domestic and international network of legal and social work professionals to efficiently connect vulnerable children, adults and families who are separated by international borders to the services and support they need.
The International Social Service (ISS) is an international NGO founded in 1924; today a network of national entities and a General Secretariat that assist children and families confronted with complex social problems as a result of migration. Thanks to its presence in more than 120 countries, ISS is a global actor promoting child protection and welfare. We are the U.S. member of this global child protection and social service network. In the spirit of international cooperation, we:
- Assist those who, as a result of voluntary or forced migration, or other social problems of an international character, have to overcome personal or family difficulties.
- Study the conditions and consequences of migration and make recommendations.
- Help prevent social problems linked to migration or intercountry mobility.
- Inform professionals and the public of the needs of migrant individuals and families.
- Develop and maintain an international network of bodies to meet the needs of individuals and families who require the services of International Social Service.