Volunteer to take travelers to Farmer's Market!
1 person is interested
HI Chicago is looking for volunteers to help lead local Farmer's Market outings for hostel guests. Organizing group excursions helps hostellers meet other travelers and see a little more of the area than they may be able to do on their own; helping to conserve travelers’ resources (planning time, public transit info etc.) Volunteers are able to choose a Farmer's Market they would like to show off, as long as it is easily accessible by public transport.
Hostelling International USA (HI USA) is a nonprofit, member organization founded on an enduring belief in the power of travel to foster a deeper understanding of people, places, and the world around. HI USA promotes a dynamic community of global citizens who have the wisdom and humanity to actively make the world a better place.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication and more!
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
Hostelling International Chicago24 E Congress PkwyChicago, IL 60605
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of once per month