Volunteer: Join Our Board of Directors!
1 person is interested
Extract Effect is a faith-based advocacy, alliance & service nonprofit organization run by an all-volunteer Board of Directors.
What We Do:
- Locate endangered missing children;
- Rescue children from sexual exploitation;
- Promote advocacy for commercial sexually exploited children and youth (CSECY);
- Increase the number of victim-centered investigations, prosecutions, and convictions of child trafficking cases;
- Strengthen government and civil society capacity to identify and provide comprehensive services to more child trafficking victims, from identification through protective care, community reintegration, and long-term follow-up services;
- Increase efforts to prevent child trafficking, including through developing and strengthening community-based mechanisms;
- Support the recovery, return and reintegration of victims of trafficking through long-term support and referrals;
- Provide services, resources, support, training and education for critically under-served populations in order to build on individual, family and community strengths and develop the individuals’ and families’ capacity to thrive. Services include: educational workshops, parent leadership programs, parenting support and education classes, skill training programs and financial literacy classes.
Are You The Ideal Candidate?
Extract Effect is actively recruiting individuals who are committed to making a difference in the lives of children through their time, skill sets, and level of influence in the community. It's important that the Board Members are, first and foremost, passionate about our mission and the work that we're doing. It is also important that they're well-connected and open to tapping into their network to grow support of the organization. Simply put, Board Members should be reliable, committed, an active worker on EE's behalf, and a true champion of the organization and their actions must always be aligned with our mission, vision, core values and programs.
Ideal candidates will have the capacity to meet monthly, and depending on need be willing to commit 5-10 hours per month. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about making an impact in our region and eager to help grow our organization’s capacity and ability to serve. Our board is a working board.
Extract Effect currently has openings for Board Members with experience and expertise in the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Human Resources
- Community Leadership
- Business Development
- International Relations
- Information Technology
- Data Science
Board Member responsibilities are as follows:
* Regularly prepares for and attends monthly meetings
* Participates on at least one subcommittee of the Board
* Works cooperatively with fellow Board Members to complete the Board's work in a timely manner
* Attends Board training workshops.
*Board Members serve on renewable two-year terms.
If you have the passion to help children and want to use your skills to help the organization grow, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Mission: Extract Effect is a faith-based organization which exists to locate endangered missing children, rescue children from sexual exploitation, strengthen the efforts of governments to effectively hunt, prosecute and convict child traffickers, work with civil society to identify victims of child trafficking and provide culturally appropriate services in order to develop the capacities of critically under-served populations; effectively addressing the roots of societal inequities to end generational poverty while guiding educators, child-welfare professionals, first-responders, judges & prosecutors through critical training to educate, empower and prevent child trafficking in all its forms.
We'll work with your schedule.
1111 E. 5th StreetDayton, OH 45401
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Legal (General)
- Child Advocacy
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Ideal candidates will have the capacity to meet monthly, and depending on need be willing to commit 5-10 hours per month. Board Members serve on renewable two-year terms.