Family Care Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to assist loved ones impacted by addiction and behavioral health issues. Help them get acquainted and feel welcome with Mission Addiction (MA) and be an ambassador for all MA programs and services. Possibly assist with group meetings and individual support, classes, outreach activities, and/or making connections with other community resources. Ideal candidates will have personal experience with addiction and mental health challenges of their loved ones, be in a relatively stable place now and have a passion for helping others who are struggling.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organization, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to interact with all types of people and community resources
- Listening and/or counseling skills (we can train), consultative and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with community resources and/or experience in faith, psychology, social work, and/or counseling are a plus
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience, and availability:
- Provide compassion and helpful information and resources to individuals via phone, text, chat, email and/or face-to-face conversations
- May facilitate individual, group and family breakout sessions or coaching; may also conduct some informal training on certain family topics
- Make necessary contacts with community resources to build knowledge and relationships
- Assist with resource development and community education activities
- Follow up with select individuals or families to capture outcomes and alternative options
- Serve as a Mission Addiction ambassador
- Consider the MA lay counseling and coaching training to assist in the family care coordinator role and/or to also become a counselor with MA, to further assist this clientele
- Participate in MA activities, support meetings, classes, and/or leadership meetings to understand the mission
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience.
Anything is possible when we walk together (tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support and resources to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their addiction journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate.)
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- Sunday morning, interactive, family-friendly faith experience
Navigation and Referral Services
Lay Counseling & Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students