Family Care Coordinator
1 person is interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to assist loved ones impacted by addiction and behavioral health issues. Help them get acquainted and feel welcome with Mission Addiction (MA) and be an ambassador for all MA programs and services. Possibly assist with group meetings and individual support, classes, outreach activities, and/or making connections with other community resources. Ideal candidates will have personal experience with addiction and mental health challenges of their loved ones, be in a relatively stable place now and have a passion for helping others who are struggling.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organization, teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to interact with all types of people and community resources
- Listening and/or counseling skills (we can train), consultative and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with community resources and/or experience in faith, psychology, social work, and/or counseling are a plus
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience, and availability:
- Provide compassion and helpful information and resources to individuals via phone, text, chat, email and/or face-to-face conversations
- May facilitate individual, group and family breakout sessions or coaching; may also conduct some informal training on certain family topics
- Make necessary contacts with community resources to build knowledge and relationships
- Assist with resource development and community education activities
- Follow up with select individuals or families to capture outcomes and alternative options
- Serve as a Mission Addiction ambassador
- Consider the MA lay counseling and coaching training to assist in the family care coordinator role and/or to also become a counselor with MA, to further assist this clientele
- Participate in MA activities, support meetings, classes, and/or leadership meetings to understand the mission
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Antara@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience.
Anything is possible when we walk together (tm)
We'll work with your schedule.
5980 Wilmington PikeDayton, OH 45459
- Family Therapy
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Spiritual Healing
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 0-10 hours/week range, average 2-5 hours
- Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Antara@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience.