27 people are interested
Business Development Associate
ORGANIZATION: Rare Genomics Institute
Please visit the new page to apply.
27 people are interested
The Business Development Associate will work remotely alongside with talented peers on a rewarding
non-profit cause that makes a difference in the rare disease communities.
The Business Development Associate will support development initiatives by
participating in strategy development, outreach, market research, and material development
(i.e. pitch decks).
The Business Development Associate will spearhead development
efforts will have the opportunity to build the business
development and operations team.
● Perform market research on international rare disease markets.
● Create and implement lead generation strategies and campaigns working towards achieving
● Research and identify a list of prospective partners that align with Rare Genomics Institute’s
● Conduct ongoing email outreach to secure international partnership opportunities.
● Participate in business development activities, identifying the appropriate contacts within the
corporation to contact and securing a meeting to present partnership opportunities.
● Present RG's vision to international organizations and funders.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in life-sciences or business related field preferred.
● Experience working in a sales or marketing environment required.
● Experience in lead generation campaigns preferred.
● Developing market entry strategies for emerging global markets preferred.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● 2-5 hour commitment each week (required).
● Work collaboratively and independently to achieve stated goals.
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment.
Nice to Have:
● Foreign language fluency is a plus.
● Experience in utilizing communication platforms such as Skype, WeChat and WhatsApp.
● Knowledge of corporate businesses and potential partners.
● Sensitivity to working with culturally diverse constituents.
● Willingness to roll up your sleeves and go above and beyond. Ideally experienced with a lean organization.
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 10, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- Market Research
- 2-5 hours per week