Disaster Preparedness Presenter, The Pillowcase Project - American Red Cross in Glen Burnie, MD
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Prepare our youth for disasters (such as home fire, flood, or even larger scale disasters) by giving them the proper knowledge they need.
You'll conduct The Pillowcase Project presentations given to youth, in schools and community settings. The Pillowcase Project is offered by the Red Cross to youth ages 8 - 11 in order to give them awareness and understanding of natural hazards, teach safety and emotional coping skills, as well as the importance of personal preparedness. It's called the Pillowcase Project because student have the opportunity to decorate and personalize their own pillowcases, which serve as containers for a personal emergency supplies kit, and are encouraged to share what they've learned with friends and family.
- Assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at risk youth, etc.
- Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a timely manner
- Carry out administrative duties, such as: Data management, Site outreach and scheduling, Inventory management, Reporting collection and entry and Quiz grading.
Make a difference in our next generation - join today!
Great opportunity for future teachers, community leaders and advisors.
* Provided by the American Red Cross
We'll work with your schedule.
Anywhere in the CountyGlen Burnie, MD 21061
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: • 5-15 hours per week, flexible • Schedule depends on presentation appointments and school • Daytime availability a plus
- 1 year, renewable