Volunteer Ombudsmen Needed in Montebello
1 person is interested
WISE & Healthy Aging's Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, a nonprofit organization serving the greater Los Angeles County communities for more than 40 years, needs your help! Volunteer Ombudsmen are needed to help conduct unannounced visits and complaint investigations in more than 1,800 long-term facilities throughout the City and County of Los Angeles, home to more than 80,000 senior and disabled residents.
As an advocate (volunteer Ombudsman), you can help ensure that residents in long-term care facilities are treated with consideration and dignity, and that their human rights are respected.
Contact the Montebello regional office at (323) 721-1343
The Role of the Ombudsman
- Advocacy by voicing residents' concerns to a facility's administration.
- Investigation of complaints made by or on behalf of residents.
- Informal conflict resolution to help parties involved reach agreements and settle conflicts, with the resident's satisfaction as the main focus.
- Education to make residents and caregiver more aware of residents’ rights under State and federal regulations.
- Witnessing of residents’ signatures on documents such as Advance Health Care Directives in skilled nursing facilities.
- Conducting regular unannounced visits to skilled nursing facilities and assisted living or board and care facilities.
We'll work with your schedule.
1493 North Montebello BlvdSuite 104Montebello, CA 90640
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training