Volunteer Receptionist Pool - Front Desk
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
SAY San Diego is looking for volunteers who have an interest in serving in the role of receptionist at our main offices. Volunteers mainly greet guests and accept packages. Volunteer receptionists do not have to manage phone lines. If you are friendly, like to talk to people and dependable, we would love to hear from you.
Volunteers can sign up to volunteer for a shift(s) on Monday and/or Wednesday morning. Volunteers can choose to volunteer for 2 or 3 hours sometime from 8:30 AM and noon on those days. A few times a month, we have other gaps in coverage. In such cases, we email all of the volunteers to check their availability.
- Greeting guests
- Communicating with staff members
- Receiving deliveries
- Potential administrative tasks (making labels, organizing paperwork, sorting, etc.)
An ideal candidate for this position would be a "people-person" who has the following qualities and skills:
- Positive attitude
- Excellent verbal communication
- Good listening
About SAY SAN DIEGO, INC.
4775 Viewridge Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123, US
SAY’s mission is to partner with children, families, and communities to overcome barriers and create opportunities that enable them to realize and sustain their full potential.
SAY San Diego has been making a difference for children, families and communities for nearly 45 years. SAY first opened its doors in 1971 with one paid employee, a budget of $1,500, and the goal of providing prevention services to struggling youth. Since then SAY has evolved from a single focused organization to what we are today: an agency whose work encompasses more than 30 programs strengthening the whole child, whole family, and whole community.Core Services
- Before and after school programs and preschools
- Juvenile delinquency prevention and diversion
- Child abuse prevention and family support
- Mental health counseling, case management, and youth development
- Access to health care, employment, and self-sufficiency
- Collaborative partnerships for military families, refugee families, and more
- Alcohol, tobacco, and substance abuse prevention
We'll work with your schedule.
4775 Viewridge AvenueSan Diego, CA 92123
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Monday and/or Wednesdays. Shifts are usually 2-3 hours each during hours 8:30am- 12:00pm. You can volunteer when you have availability.