Spiritual Lay Counselor & Coach
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking caring, compassionate Christian volunteers in the Dayton, Ohio area. Counselors will help others cope with the struggles related to addiction and mental health, such as codependency, relationship and marital stresses, self-care, grief, faith, rebuilding lives after addiction, and more. Ideal candidates will have a passion for people and faith, biblical knowledge, and interest or experience in counseling and coaching. General training will be available March 15-16 and training for couples counseling will be March 29-30. Each counselor position is flexible for appointment hours (days, evenings, etc.) to suit your schedule. However, consistency works best for clients. Appointment locations also have some flexibility.
- Interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the bible and the Christian faith
- Spiritual counseling and/or faith leadership background preferred, but not required
- Sufficient spiritual and emotional maturity to understand and exhibit healthy professional boundaries when working with a highly vulnerable population
- Prefer addiction and/or mental health experience, either personally or professionally
- Certifications or degrees in counseling, psychology, social work, peer support, chemical dependency, etc. are desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with local, regional, and national resources are a plus
- Some very light computer and software competence is preferred
- Build rapport and trust
- Schedule and conduct individual, couples, and/or family counseling sessions, as appropriate
- Provide support, feedback, and guidance to individuals in their coping, healing, or rebuilding process
- Be an ambassador of Mission Addiction and all program service offerings, as well as refer clients to other resources, when appropriate
- Keep up with internal training and updates and apply that knowledge
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Antara@Mission-Addiction.org. Include any particular interest in this position and organization, your qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
We'll work with your schedule.
5980 Wilmington PikeSugarcreek TownshipDayton, OH 45459
- Bereavement Support
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Spiritual Healing
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 0-10 hours/week range, average 2-5 hours
- Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Antara@Mission-Addiction.org. Include any particular interest in this position and organization, your qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience.