Mentor / Coach
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking caring, compassionate Christian volunteers, either in the Dayton, Ohio area or longer distance, comfortable with video-conference technology. Mentor/coaches will help others cope with the struggles related to addiction and mental health, such as codependency, relationship and marital stresses, self-care, grief, faith, rebuilding lives after addiction, and more. Ideal candidates will have a passion for people and faith, biblical knowledge, and interest or experience in counseling and coaching. Training is available. Each counselor position is flexible for appointment hours (days, evenings, etc.) to suit your schedule. However, consistency works best for clients. Appointment locations also have some flexibility. Less experienced candidates, those who are stable in their own recovery, and student candidates will be considered, for less-involved client situations and mentoring.
- Interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the bible and the Christian faith
- Spiritual counseling and/or faith leadership background preferred, but not required
- Sufficient spiritual and emotional maturity to understand and exhibit healthy professional boundaries when working with a highly vulnerable population
- Prefer addiction and/or mental health experience, either personally or professionally
- Certifications or degrees in counseling, psychology, social work, peer support, chemical dependency, etc. are desirable, but not required
- Familiarity with local, regional, and national resources are a plus
- Some very light computer and software competence is preferred
- Build rapport and trust
- Schedule and conduct individual, couples, and/or family coaching/counseling sessions, as appropriate
- Provide support, feedback, and guidance to individuals in their coping, healing, or rebuilding process
- Be an ambassador of Mission Addiction and all program service offerings, as well as refer clients to other resources, when appropriate
- Keep up with internal training and updates and apply that knowledge
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward @Mission-Addiction.org. Include any particular interest in this position and organization, your qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students