11 people are interested
Community Engagement Manager: (Remote or Local to MN)
ORGANIZATION: Aeon For Ocean
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Aeon for Ocean (AFO), a 501 (c)(3), Our mission is to create an inland movement that builds land-to-sea stewardship, and we are looking for someone to help support and expand our community engagement.
The community engagement manager works on all aspects of internal and external communications with the executive committee, supporters and the public. In addition, assists with the delivery of education and volunteer programs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating public outreach programs for Aeon For Ocean
- Develop and organize educational programs and activities for volunteers, community and the City.
- Write and create presentations, press action requests, newsletter articles, brochures, flyers and other public awareness materials for sustainability volunteer programs
- Participate in local, regional, and national organizations focused on environmental education, volunteerism and community outreach goals and objectives.
- Assist in the outreach efforts with new & existing partners (i.e. non-profits, local entities)
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Executive Director informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
- People-person with positive attitude and resourceful approach
- Self-starter who shows great initiative, completes tasks, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Works well independently and as a team
- Background in environmental/watershed/ocean stewardship is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Applicants should based in Minnesota (Local) or USA only and comfortable attending meetings at CST Time Zone.
*As part of Aeon for Ocean's standard process, some candidates might undergo a Background Verification check for the offer to be extended. These verification checks will be conducted either by Aeon for Ocean directly or by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant.
On successful completion of minimum six (06) months, a letter of recommendation will be provided to the volunteer on his/her request.
Aeon for Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 15, 2023
- Community Outreach
- Group Facilitation
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Local to Minnesota