Phinney's is looking for enthusiastic, dedicated people like you to join our 100% volunteer staff. Phinney’s believes in keeping people and their beloved pets together. We do this by extending a helping hand to pet parents in need.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Social Media volunteers to research, write, and post content on Hootsuite, which propagates content throughout several social media outlets. You will be working with a dynamic Communications Team, and will be reporting to the Communications Chair.
What You'll Be Doing
· Work with Communications Team to create engaging content and campaigns across Phinney's social channels.
· Help make Phinney's social channel be best in class by developing innovative campaigns that elevate our partners, work, and community.
· Prepare unique content for upcoming campaigns and share interesting updates, articles, analytics, etc.
· Maintain consistent brand presence across social media outlets and monitor online conversations and join in where appropriate.
· Interest in social media and compassion for animals.
· Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, (Hootsuite, Pinterest and Twitter knowledge are a plus) and best practices in a professional setting.
· At least 1 year of experience with Facebook and Instagram.
· Great information management and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
· Great initiative and mature judgment, with creative capacity and flexibility.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), discretion, and strong emotional intelligence.
· Sense of humor. :)
To be a successful social media volunteer, you should be willing to commit to posting on Hootsuite at least once a week, and be able to find fun, upbeat, and informative content online on your own. Therefore, a bit of independence and creativity are necessary, and you should be good at keeping to your commitments.
This is a long-term commitment so you can help us build our name and good work as part of the team.
Email a paragraph stating why you're interested in this position and your qualifications (or resume) to Daniela at email@example.com.