Events Committee Member
6 people are interested
- Coordinate annual events such as the awards luncheon and networking event.
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Select and schedule emcee and speakers for the day of event.
- Select and secure venue and catering companies to prepare food and provide beverages for event.
- Select menu, decorations, plan layout of seating, vendors, sponsors as necessary.
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with Marketing Committee to design invitation, promotional materials, social media to publicize events.
- Secure sponsorships, donations and raffle items.
- Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
- Coordinate day of event logistics, including registration, attendee tracking, presentations, projectors, computers, other display materials, and recruit additional volunteers to manage the day of the event.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
120 Defreest DriveTroy, NY 12180
- Event Design & Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Event Planning / Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Orientation or Training
- Attend committee meetings (typically 1-2 onsite meetings; and 2-3 conference calls, one to 1 1/2 hours in duration.) Independently speaking with companies and employers (approximately 1-2 hours per month), Attend major WERC events.
- Ability to reach out to local employers and companies for sponsorship, raffle items and donations; An understanding of and deep passion for the mission of WERC; Team player, creative thinker; flexible; and likes to have fun.