HELP HOMELESS KIDS OVERCOME TRAUMA
5 people are interested
Being homeless, or on the brink of homelessness, causes toxic stress and anxiety. At Vine Maple Place, our programs are designed to help kids overcome the trauma they've experienced so they can become more successful at home and school. Our mission is to break the generational cycle of homelessness. We have several ways you can help kids heal:
- Child Resource Time: Tuesday or Thursday, 10am to 1pm
- SolidKidz: Tuesday, 5:30pm to 7:45pm
- KidZone: Thursday, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Teen Group: Tuesday evenings, and other special events
- Tutors: Weekday afternoons, 1 hour a week
- Mentors: Various time (requires 1 year commitment)
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, and in some cases over 18. A volunteer screening is required and background check.
We'll work with your schedule.
21730 Dorre Don Way SEMaple Valley, WA 98038
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Most programs are from 2 to 3 hours each week. We are looking for some consistency, but not necessarily every week.
- Must have a heart for kids. Experience preferred. You will be provided training in Trauma Informed Care.