38 people are interested
Child Resource Time and Mentors
38 people are interested
Being homeless, or on the brink of homelessness during COVID-19, causes toxic stress and anxiety. At Vine Maple Place, our programs are designed to help kids overcome the trauma they've experienced so they can become more successful at home and school. Our mission is to break the generational cycle of homelessness. We have several ways you can help kids heal. The following are days and times you can help:
- We have several opportunities with a variety of times. Details will be provided during intake conversation.
- Our most urgent need is Wednesday from 4:50-6:45. 2 volunteers needed today!
- Work with children 0-12yrs old while mom's are in class or help with projects- such as organizing and craft preparation on occasions that no children come.
Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age. A volunteer screening is required and background check on those 18+. Training provided in Concious Disciple and Trauma Informed Care.
About Vine Maple Place
PO BOX 1092, MAPLE VALLEY, WA 98038, US
Vine Maple Place is a Christian organization that addresses the complex issues of family homelessness. Our mission is to break the cycle of generational homelessness for single parents and their children by offering safety through various housing solutions, building emotional stability and equipping parents for self-sufficiency.
Vine Maple Place utilizes a unique and innovative approach to meet the needs of our families. Recognizing that there is a path that leads to homelessness, we strive to meet families wherever they are in their crisis, toxic stress and trauma. As a team, parents, volunteers and staff work collaboratively to implement a custom action plan that emphasizes each family members' strengths, assets and challenges.
We strive to meet families wherever they are on that path through:
- Housing Stability
- Financial Skills Education
- Employment and Livable-wage Development
- Life Skills
- Child and Youth Program
21730 Dorre Don Way SEMaple Valley, WA 98038
September 13, 2021
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Most programs are from 2 to 3 hours each week. We are looking for some consistency, but not necessarily every week.
- Must have a heart for kids. Experience preferred. You will be provided training in Concious Discipline and Trauma Informed Care.