Disaster Action Team Member- Kauai
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
DAT (Disaster Action Team) team members- 2nd responders that respond for things like home fires and flooding (small scale disasters). Receives call from Duty officer, responds accordingly. Some roles are being performed virtually, but a car is required. Once covid-19 ends we will be back to in-person response.
- Provide comfort and care, financial assistance, and housing as needed
- Initiate response to disasters during their time shift or in their territory
- Submit appropriate, accurate, and timely reports as required.
- Apply policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Must have cell phone and access to a personal vehicle.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.