Human Resources Coordinator
RANDOM ACTS INC
Description Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR Officers support the development of the overall human resources services, policies, and programs for Random Acts. Working closely with the HR Manager and all members of staff, the HR Officers develop policies and procedures with a focus on staff and volunteer relations, while ensuring compliance with relevant employment related laws and legislations. RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the HR Manager in managing HR programs, procedures, onboarding and guidelines that support the general functioning of the organization, including recruitment, volunteer management, employment law, and staff relations.
- Support the technical and internal-content maintenance of the staff intranet (Podio) in collaboration with the HR Manager and IT Manager
- Project management work as required by the HR Manager
- Keep the HR Manager informed of significant problems that jeopardize the well-being of the organization, escalating to the Director and the Executive Team where necessary
- Attend regular staff and departmental meetings
- Any other projects or duties as requested by the HR Manager
This role requires remote-working. Applicants must have regular and reliable access to the internet, as well as the motivation to dedicate their time to the organization.
If you are interested in this position, please read the job description carefully before applying for this volunteer role. You must include a resume when applying for this position.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational planning, organization development, staff relations, staff safety, staff engagement, and staff development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship-building and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop within the field of human resources
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of various US and international employment laws and practices
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Flexibility concerning work schedule to accommodate evening and weekend meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, organization development, or alternative
- 2 - 4 years of experience in HR or management
About RANDOM ACTS INC
1920 HILLHURST AVE 170, LOS ANGELES, CA 90027, US
At Random Acts, it’s our mission to conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better.
Random Acts inspires many amazing things around the world every day - from small acts of kindness, such as inspiring someone to buy a stranger a cup of coffee, to much bigger acts of kindness like building a school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.
All of these acts of kindness contribute to a bigger story, a message that Random Acts embodies and promotes - that you too can conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time.