Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
"Empowering the Next Generation"
This is an excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates who have completed their degree and are seeking to gain real world experience, or for anyone looking to make a difference in children’s lives. Obtain valuable personal and professional experience in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, social media, graphic design, community relations or related fields.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support Poppy Life Care efforts:
- This position assists in managing the recruitment, orientation, assessment and training of volunteers to effectively place volunteers into areas of service.
- The manager will also be responsible for volunteer communication follow up, and tracking volunteers
- Liaison with community organizations and businesses to promote Poppy Life Care’s mission, developing volunteer opportunities, community service, and supervising on-site volunteer events
- Coordinate volunteers’ participation at all outreach and special events
- Participate in the development and implementation of new social media recommendations for Poppy Life Care
- Expand creative opportunities for social media calendars, content and messaging in support of Poppy Life Care mission
Experience working with volunteers (i.e. community groups, churches, persons of disabilities, students) is helpful. Demonstrated capability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and produce rapid and accurate turnaround assignments. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and graphics software desired. Ability to compose correspondence and proof of assignments to ensure accurate documentation. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail required. Individual must be self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Time Commitment Minimum:
Flexible, 12 - 15 hours per week. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration typically gain more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Volunteer:
Although this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity that does not lead to employment or includes employee benefits, this opportunity offers:
- Learn about startup environments and how to get a social media and advertising strategy ramped up
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of social media activities
- Fulfill college or university internship or volunteer requirements
- Build your resume with unique startup experience and social media/marketing strategies
PLUS have fun learning - there is so much opportunity!
We'll work with your schedule.
Bernard StreetCosta MesaCosta Mesa, CA 92627
- Donor Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 12 - 15 hours per week