Are you a Mental Health Professional who wants to Serve the Military Community?-Butte
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a skilled professional you provide support to military members, veterans, and their families by facilitating resiliency workshops. We invite you to make a difference!
Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Mental Health Volunteers provide psycho-educational workshops to veterans and/or military families experiencing challenges related to military life. This position provides the unique opportunity to make a difference by teaching complementary and integrative healing strategies to foster personal wellness and stress management. Additional engagement includes attending VA whole health program trainings and providing general support to mental health-related needs within SAF and the clients we serve.
*Volunteers must hold a master’s level, or above, mental health degree and current unencumbered license.
Benefits of volunteering with the American Red Cross and professional development opportunities include:
- All training provided!
- Learn new skills and gain career experience
- Work independently or with a team
- Earn CE credit from the National Board of Certified Counselors and National Association of Social Workers (CE certificates will be withheld until volunteers facilitate one adult and one child workshop)
- Remain clinically active for professional licensing
Share your skills! Click on the I want to Help button to email our team for more information and receive steps to complete your application.
More opportunities with American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Butte, MT 59701
March 7, 2023
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: after initial training, facilitate at least two workshops per year (virtual or in-person)
- Personal or professional experience working with the military a plus but not required.