ChickTech Robotics Boot Camp Marketing Coordinator
ChickTech Robotics Bootcamp for Girls:
ChickTech and ORTOP (Oregon Robotics Tournament & Outreach Program) are partnering for the second annual Robotics Bootcamp for Girls! We want YOU to be a part of our team.
Do you have experience with robotics programs, technical expertise, event planning, or simply love working with youth? Attend our upcoming information session to learn about how you can give back to the Portland community as a robotics bootcamp volunteer.
The camp will be held in July and will be peer-led with the guidance of amazing mentors and volunteers such as yourselves. All genders are welcome and encouraged to volunteer! The goal of the camp is to boost the expertise and confidence of middle school and high school girls (along with trans, non-binary, and gender-fluid youth) in order to increase gender equality in FIRST Robotics.
All volunteers are required to attend our Volunteer Info Session. The Info Session will be held on Wednesday, February 27th from 5:30-7:30 at Autodesk's SE office. Please RSVP for the Volunteer Info Session here: https://impactflow.com/event/chicktech-and-ortop-robotics-bootcamp-info-session-10068
Robotics Boot Camp Marketing Coordinator role:
Create and execute a marketing plan to bring in 50 attendees. This will include updating the website, creating flyers, writing messaging for others to send out, and social media.
- Create marketing material for student teachers/mentors
- Set up an application for student teachers so that they can apply
- Send out marketing to all students who are currently on a robotics team or were recently involved.
- Close student teacher applications
- Review applications and send out group invites
- Update flyer to focus on girls who are interested in technology roles
- Create marketing plan for outreach to attendees
- Add basic site info for attendees
- Attend in-person meetings
- Continue to recruit through flyers/recruitment opportunities.
- Start creating flyers/brochures for the bootcamp week
- Begin advertising to potential women mentors/volunteers for bootcamp week
- Create a sign-in process for the bootcamp
- Create survey for attendees for the beginning and end of the bootcamp
July - Bootcamp week
- Discuss with activities manager if anything else needs to be printed.
- Assist with sign-in & surveys
- Keep flyers and paper materials organized
PortlandPortland, OR 97205
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training