Become a Financial Coach volunteer!
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
VOLUNTEER WITH EDEN HOUSING AS A FINANCIAL COACH!
What is Financial Coaching?
Coaching is the way of the future! Go through our training to become a Financial Coach and get paired one-on-one with a client. Gain professional experience working with a client to set and achieve financial goals. Rather than simply educating or giving advice, coaches work one-on-one with our low income residents to help them improve their financial well-being, set and achieve meaningful financial goals, develop action steps, provide accountability, and serve as a resource for client questions.
- Successful coaches are active listeners, curious, goal-oriented, and able to work in partnership with their client.
- Knowledge of personal financial management is useful but not required.
- Coaches attend a 1-day training to learn the financial curriculum, coaching practices, and tools that can be used with clients.
- Training is held on weeknight evenings.
- Go through our training to become a Financial Coach
- Gain professional development
- Professional experience gained working with a client setting and achieving financial goals
- Last year our coaches helped 80% of our low-income residents to create a budget. As a result of this program, 72% of residents said they felt better prepared to manage and overcome a financial setback or emergency.
- Develop a close working relationship with a resident and watch them succeed!
- Coaches meet with their client bi-weekly for six months or check-in as needed.
- Coaching sessions are generally 90 minutes.
Contact us for more information or to apply!
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple locations inSan Jose, CA 95116
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training