DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As an Adoption Events Lead, you'll get to manage all aspects of our on-site adoption events - which play a huge role in landing our pets their forever homes. You’ll be involved with our volunteers, merchandise sales, marketing, communications, foster families and of course, our pets!
Team: Adoption Events
Reports to: This position reports to the Adoption Events Director and the Executive Director.
Works with: The Adoption Events and Executive Leadership teams on a regular basis. Close interaction with DPA volunteers and foster families will be involved. Ongoing interaction with the public and DPA supporters needed. Frequent and close interaction with DPA foster pets will also be a must.
- Taking charge of all aspects of adoption events from setup to cleanup.
- Owning responsibility for an assigned adoption event site and leading all events at that location (examples: pet stores, Community Beer Company, Klyde Warren Park, Starbucks).
- Transporting supplies to and from adoption event site, setting up and tearing down at the event.
- Ensuring all event volunteers have assigned tasks, monitoring their work, and providing feedback.
- Monitoring attendance of foster pets and troubleshooting any issues with foster parents.
- Submitting end of day report to leadership and adoption events team, highlighting attendance, funds collected, adoption interest/applications, and any issues or challenges needing attention.
- Actively engaging the public at the event, answering questions about DPA and our mission, actively recruiting for our volunteer and foster teams, and positively representing DPA at all times.
- Depositing funds received at the event in the DPA bank account within two business days.
- Escalating any serious issues (bites, dog fights, etc) immediately to Foster/Medical Director and/or VP Animal Operations.
- Regular phone access and proficiency with use of email.
- Must have HS diploma or higher degree of education.
- Must have independent mode of transportation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent DPA in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public.
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner.
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare.
Time Commitment: 5-8 hours per event; approximately 10-20 per month depending on schedule.
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
We'll work with your schedule.
Based on EventDallas, TX 75212
March 23, 2020
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 5-8 hours per event; approximately 10-20 per month depending on schedule.