DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Adoption Events Lead - Pets - REMOTE
ORGANIZATION: Dallas Pets Alive!
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Adoption Events Lead
Making North Texas a No-Kill community is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, Dallas Pets Alive is a non-profit organization focused on animal welfare and saving pets. DPA needs a lot of great volunteers to do it. As an Events Lead, you'll get to manage all aspects of our adoption events which play a huge role in landing our pets their forever homes. You’ll be involved with our volunteers, merchandise sales, marketing, communications, foster families and of course, our pets!
About Dallas Pets Alive: https://dallaspetsalive.org
**To be considered, please complete our official volunteer application at: https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/ "
Reports To: This position reports to the Adoption Events Assistant Director, Fundraising Director and the Executive Director.
Works With: The Fundraising and Leadership teams on a regular basis. Close interaction with DPA volunteers and foster families will be involved. Ongoing interaction with the public and DPA supporters needed. Frequent and close interaction with DPA foster pets will also be a must.
- Taking charge of all aspects of adoption events from setup to cleanup.
- Transporting supplies to and from our storage unit to the adoption event site.
- Ensuring any event volunteers have assigned tasks, monitoring their work, and providing feedback.
- Monitoring attendance of foster pets and troubleshooting any issues with foster parents.
- Submitting an end of day report via email to Leadership and Events Team, highlighting attendance, adoption interest/applications, funds collected, and any issues or challenges needing attention.
- Actively engaging the public at the event, answering questions about DPA and our mission, actively recruiting for our volunteer and foster teams, and positively representing DPA at all times.
- Depositing funds received at the event in the DPA bank account (at any BoA branch) within five business days.
- Escalating any serious issues (bites, dog fights, etc.) immediately to the Foster Director and/or VP of Animal Operations.
- At least 18 years of age
- Regular phone access and proficiency with use of e-mail.
- Must have an independent, reliable mode of transportation.
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare.
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times.
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent DPA in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public.
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner.
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare.
Time Commitment: 5-8 hours per event; we ask that all Event Leads commit to at least one event per quarter to remain "active".
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 PRESTON ROAD, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we focus on:
- Rescuing healthy and treatable pets at North Texas shelters at the greatest risk of being euthanized
- Reducing owner surrender through our Positive Alternatives to Shelter Surrender (PASS) program
- Opening kennel space by transporting pets to partners in the U.S. and Canada in need of adoptable animals
- Challenging the way our community views rescue animals. We believe that adoption is not only right thing to do but THE thing to do!
Please visit our website for additional information. **We don't have a physical location**
*At this time, we do not accept court-ordered service hours nor track community service hours.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 27, 2023
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 5-8 hours per event; we ask that all Event Leads commit to at least one event per quarter to remain “active”.