Become A Mentor: Inspire an at Risk HS Student To Go To College!
7 people are interested
Become a Mentor to an at risk High School student this academic school year! We are looking for role models to be strongly invested in building a relationship and strive to inspire their mentee to attend and succeed in college. They will provide support, guidance, and accountability for their student to help set and fulfill goals and strengthen academic skills.
Submit an Application Today! https://goo.gl/forms/YsEHRb9WELpHUf0j2
About JOYA Scholars
PO BOX 1457, FULLERTON, CA 92836, US
The mission of JOYA Scholars is to inspire and prepare students from families of low-income communities in Fullerton to succeed through higher education.
JOYA Scholars was founded in June 2009 in the Garnet Neighborhood of Fullerton, California--a five block community consisting of mostly low-income Latino families. JOYA Scholars grew out of a collaboration with Solidarity, a non-profit community development organization in the neighborhood, after learning that students in the community desired to attend college but felt they lacked the necessary resources to make that dream a reality. To address this need, JOYA Scholars was founded to provide academic support and services to these students.
To achieve this mission JOYA Scholars focuses on seven strategic areas:
1. Expanding student awareness of college and career opportunities
2. Promoting family involvement and support for student success
3. Providing individual educational plans through long-term mentoring
4. Equipping students for life-long success
5. Celebrating student empowerment and achievement
6. Building community partnership to promote student success
7. Securing financial resources for students and their families
We'll work with your schedule.
410 S Lemon StFullerton, CA 92832
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Life Coaching
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Every other Tuesday or Wednesday evenings from 6:30 - 7:45 pm.
- Submit an Application Today! https://goo.gl/forms/YsEHRb9WELpHUf0j2