Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of JOYA Scholars is to inspire and prepare students from families of low-income communities in Fullerton to succeed through higher education.
JOYA Scholars was founded in June 2009 in the Garnet Neighborhood of Fullerton, California--a five block community consisting of mostly low-income Latino families. JOYA Scholars grew out of a collaboration with Solidarity, a non-profit community development organization in the neighborhood, after learning that students in the community desired to attend college but felt they lacked the necessary resources to make that dream a reality. To address this need, JOYA Scholars was founded to provide academic support and services to these students.
To achieve this mission JOYA Scholars focuses on seven strategic areas:
1. Expanding student awareness of college and career opportunities
2. Promoting family involvement and support for student success
3. Providing individual educational plans through long-term mentoring
4. Equipping students for life-long success
5. Celebrating student empowerment and achievement
6. Building community partnership to promote student success
7. Securing financial resources for students and their families
- Volunteer Coordinator
- (714) 322-5692
- Need admin access?