Kitchen Prep Cook
The Salvation Army Alameda County
Looking for a way to feed the community? Help us help others in need by becoming a Kitchen Prep-Cook.
The Salvation Army is currently seeking volunteers for their Kitchen Prep-Cook Program at the Garden Street Center Corps. Each weekday we prepare meals for children enrolled at Booth Memorial Community Childcare and families living at our shelter.
Shifts available on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
We are looking for individuals to work 1 day a week or every other week. Let us know what works best with your schedule.
Volunteer duties include:
- Assist with fresh produce and meat/poultry prep for kitchen meals.
- Assist with cooking meals and preparing food trays.
- Provide kitchen clean up support during and at end of shift.
- Attend initial training to understand the mission of The Salvation Army and position.
- Proper knife handling experience.
- Commit to one day weekly (or every other week).
- Will eventually require food handlers certification (on-line course with $25 fee).
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Salvation Army Alameda County
2794 Garden Street, Oakland, CA 94601, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army restores hope and transforms lives. Since 1865 we've been committed to defeating hunger, breaking addictions and rebuilding lives. Our reach is wide and deep - providing over 13,000 nights of lodging, 85,000 meals, and food for 5,700 families in Alameda County.
We provide rehabilitation and promote self-sufficiency, are a steadfast presence to the lonely and to those who have lost hope, we are the first on the scene of a disaster - and the last to leave.
Our ministry is motivated by the love of God, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.