Wisconsin's Premier Fine Craft Fair, Morning Glory, Needs Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair is 100% staffed by volunteers. Volunteers are the people who make Morning Glory happen.
- Volunteers mark the grounds for artists' booths on Friday morning and keep artist traffic under control and moving on Friday afternoon when artists arrive to set up.
- On Saturday and Sunday, volunteers staff the information booth (giving patrons brochures and answering questions), relieve artists (booth-sitting) when they need to leave their booths for food, bathroom, etc.
- Also on Saturday, volunteers set up and staff the Silent Auction, in which artists donate a piece that is auctioned by silent bids in order to raise money for CERF+, a fund that provides disaster relief to fine craft artisans.
- On Saturday, volunteers pick up donated items from the artists, set up the auction in the Silent Auction tent, and "shop-sit" while patrons walk through and bid on pieces.
- On Sunday, patrons with winning bids come to pick up their pieces and pay, and volunteers staff this enterprise as well.
- On Saturday and Sunday, volunteers sit under big umbrellas next to large donation boxes at the entrances to the Fiserv grounds to give Fair brochures to incoming patrons and encourage donations to WDCC.
- On Saturday, two well-respected fine craft artisans visit every booth at the Fair to judge and award prizes, which are presented at the end of the day on Saturday. Volunteers accompany the judges as they make their way through the Fair, to assist as needed.
- For a few hours on both Saturday and Sunday, a couple of volunteers go around to the artists' booths to pick up their Wisconsin tax forms that must be sent to the State after the Fair.
Any time a volunteer can give is appreciated. We like to schedule volunteers in 2 hour shifts.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Fri Aug 09, 2019 - Sun Aug 11, 2019
10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
1111 Vel Phillips AvenueMilwaukee, WI 53203
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- People 55+
- We look for volunteers to work shifts of 2 hours. They are welcome to work longer if they want, and many choose to do so because the Fair is interesting and fun.
- We are looking for people who have an interest in the arts and fine crafts who would enjoy this event. People skills are helpful as they deal with both artists and the public.