Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Wisconsin Designer Crafts Council (WDCC) is a statewide organization dedicated to fostering excellence in fine crafts and making them more significant in the cultural life of Wisconsin. Membership is open to all who share these interests. WDCC works to elevate the standards of design and craftsmanship among Wisconsin’s artisans and the crafts community. WDCC encourages individual expression, vitality and aesthetic growth opportunities for fellowship, acquisition of skills, and competitive exhibitions. WDCC’s mission is to promote Wisconsin’s fine craft by: Providing public access to quality crafts through exhibitions, programs, and fairs. Sustaining appreciation for fine craft through educational outreach. Encouraging excellence in fine craft. Nurturing creative growth through an interchange of ideas. Supporting fellowship among Wisconsin’s craftspeople through the networking of members.
WDCC members enjoy a wide variety of activities designed to provide important information about the craft field.
- Morning Glory Fine Craft Fair held each August in Milwaukee, Wis.
- Opportunity to sell work in the Morning Glory Gallery at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts in Milwaukee.
- Member artist own profile and gallery featuring their work on the WDCC web site.
- Networking with a diverse group of artisans who share a similar love of crafts as an art form.
- Members Show, showcasing the best of contemporary fine craft.
- Annual meeting and election of officers, usually held in conjunction with a seminar or exhibition. This event is open to members and guests.
- Creative workshops that stimulate professional growth and share valuable skills.
- Educational seminars focusing on topics of important concern for craftspeople.
- Newsletters that keep members abreast of exhibition and craft fair opportunities, member viewpoints, and related information about the craft field.
- Membership Directory with listings of all members and their media, an artist's statement and album work, and contact information if desired.
- Communication and dissemination of timely, pertinent information through social media.