40 people are interested
Board of Directors: (Remote or Local to MN) - Treasurer
ORGANIZATION: Aeon For Ocean
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
AEON FOR OCEAN Nonprofit’s mission is to educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life amongst kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
The Treasurer is to ensure that the organization is a good steward of charitable donations and the tax-exempt status, providing oversight of the organization's fiscal integrity and assisting the board in meeting its mandate to govern.
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Chair of the finance committee that is charged with developing the organization's fiscal policies and procedures and developing the budget.
- Provide leadership to Fund Raising team
- Oversees annual audits and reviews the audit report.
- Keep track of audit items and support any audit needs.
- The treasurer is required to attend all scheduled board meetings.
- Keep accurate financial records for the corporation and is responsible for safeguarding the assets of this corporation.
- Knowledgeable of AEON FOR OCEAN’S accounting practices, nonprofit tax laws and fiscal record-keeping.
- Oversees relationship with Fund Raising team
Accounts and Expenditures
- Administer and manages fiscal matters of AEON FOR OCEAN.
- Authorized to sign checks and/or granted access to bank and credit accounts.
- Full knowledge of all organization holdings and assets.
- Review monthly account records and monitor income and expenditures.
- Prepares financial reports to the board detailing income, expenditures and asset values.
- Shall present a report of this corporation's financial transactions and status to the Board of Directors no less than annually and shall from time to time make such other reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors as those parties shall direct or require.
- Prepares special financial reports addressing proposed plans for large expenditures.
9 More opportunities with Aeon For Ocean1 Review
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 30, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- Environmental Science
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Reference Check will be mandatory.