33 people are interested
Board of Directors: (Remote or Local to MN)
ORGANIZATION: Aeon For Ocean
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Aeon for Ocean (AFO), a 501(c)(3), Our mission is to educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life amongst kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action. We are looking for someone to help support and expand our community engagement.
The Board will support the work of AEON FOR OCEAN and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by AEON FOR OCEAN’s chief executive officer (Executive Director), the Board-Executive Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Leadership, Governance and Oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements AEON FOR OCEAN’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by AEON FOR OCEAN for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving AEON FOR OCEAN’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assisting the Executive Director and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing AEON FOR OCEAN to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring AEON FOR OCEAN’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities AEON FOR OCEAN serves
AEON FOR OCEAN Board Members will consider AEON FOR OCEAN a philanthropic priority so they can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals.
Service on AEON FOR OCEAN’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for approved expense in relation to Board Members’ duties.
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Applicants should based in Minnesota (Local) or USA only and comfortable attending meetings at CST Time Zone. Please note that this position require one year commitment.
*As part of Aeon for Ocean's standard process, some candidates might undergo a Background Verification check for the offer to be extended. These verification checks will be conducted either by Aeon for Ocean directly or by a professional third-party firm at no charge to the applicant.
On successful completion of minimum six (06) months, a letter of recommendation will be provided to the volunteer on his/her request.
Aeon for Ocean is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Aeon For Ocean
Mpls, Minneapolis, MN , US
To educate and increase awareness about ocean conservation and marine life among kids and their greater role in spreading the message to drive action.
Aeon for Ocean is a U.S.-based nonprofit founded by 7-year-old Aeon in Minnesota, to share knowledge about marine life, the oceans and our role in protecting this planet.
Our focus is on helping inland communities understand why the ocean matters and identify things they can do to protect the ocean. Through our Krill2Whale program and other initiatives, Aeon for Ocean is teaching kids they can save the World Ocean for eons!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 17, 2022
- Strategic Planning
- Environmental Science
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Reference Check will be mandatory.