Gate River Run: Event Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
Since 1949, the Jacksonville Speech & Hearing Center has provided the highest quality compassionate care to all individuals with speech, language, and/or hearing disorders, regardless of ability to pay. In addition to the treatment we provide to patients on-site, we are also passionate about participating in community initiatives that contribute to the better health and well-being of Northeast Florida.
One such event that we've consistently supported throughout the years is the Gate River Run, which will be held Saturday, March 9.
We are seeking additional volunteer participation to help amplify our staff’s organizational impact at this great community event as Event Volunteers.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years or older, and may sign up for as many shifts as they desire.
Different roles available for the event include:
- 5 K Volunteers: Help in a variety of areas, including packet pickup, water station, medals, and clean up (6:30 AM-10:30 AM)
- J r. River Run Volunteers: Help in a variety of areas, including packet pick up, water station, medals, and clean up (9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Start Line Control and Clean Up: Help control runners prior to the start of the race. Once runners clear the area, help clean up cups, bottles, and trash left by the runners around the start area (6:00 AM-9:00 AM)
- Start and Finish Teardown: Remove start and finish system, take down all banners, and signs, and pick up trash left at both areas (11:00 AM-3:00 PM)
- Expo Hall Move Out: Load all registration materials back on trucks (12:00 PM-3:00 PM)
510 Fairground PlJacksonville, FL 32202
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Must be at least 14