Open your heart & home and host an exchange student Charlotte, NC!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Have you ever wanted to have an impact on someone else’s life? Being a host family is a great opportunity to make an impact. ETC works with the U.S. Department of State to find homes for foreign exchange students coming in with J-1 visas. We have students coming from 15 different countries, ages 15-18, who are looking for an American family to love.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Ensure a safe and nurturing home environment for the student
* Provide students with a room (can be shared with a host sibling), his/her own bed, and adequate storage
* 3 meals per day
* Transportation to and from school and for extracurricular activities
* Give love and support to the student
* Explore cultural differences and similarities
* Families with or without children are accepted
* Bring own spending money and health insurance * Have good English skills
* Are highly screened for the program
* Are excited to meet their American family!
* Enjoy another culture without leaving your home
* Share your culture with an exchange student
* Grow your family
* Help an exchange student get an American education and the experience of a lifetime!
Exchange students enrich the lives of their host families, peers, teachers, and the entire community! Hosting is an amazing experience and an unforgettable time for the whole family. Most people walk away with a new member of the family, new traditions, great memories and a vacation invitation from abroad!
WashingtonCharlotte, NC 28269
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 6 weeks up to 10 Months