Lead an Exercise (Yoga) class for Affordable Housing residents! (Redondo Beach)
As a volunteer with LINC you will help low-income individuals build muscle, and community! Families living on fixed incomes are often forced to choose between paying for housing or nutritious foods, medication and participating in healthy activities. Health & Wellbeing Volunteers at LINC Cares address these issues by providing a wide range of supportive programs.
Volunteers can coordinate either of the following activities:
- Morning low-impact exercise classes - stretching, walking, tai chi or yoga
- Evening Cardio classes - zumba, pilates, or kickboxing
Health & Wellbeing Volunteers are trained according to LINC Cares program models to coordinate their own assigned activities. Responsibilities include: outreach, preparation, setting up and cleaning program space, facilitating activities, ensuring the safety of participants, and communicating with property management and resident service staff.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the health of our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Health & Wellbeing Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1481 or email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
Seasons at Redondo Beach109 S Francisca AveRedondo Beach, CA 90277
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Martial Arts
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week