Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
The HELP program is a national program developed to prevent delirium and physical decline in hospitalized patients. Delirium is a significant contributor to longer hospital stays and a more difficult recovery.
HELP Volunteers will:
- foster communication and orientation to the hospital
- encourage and support staying active with bedside exercises
- provide activities to provide mental stimulation, relaxation and enjoyment
- assist with ordering and setting up meals; encourage proper nutrition and hydration
- provide documentation of activities
To learn more, contact UnityPoint Health - IMMC Volunteer Services at 515-241-6414.
We'll work with your schedule.
1200 Pleasant StreetDes Moines, IA 50309
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 Hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Comprehensive application and onboarding/training process must be completed.