3 people are interested
We are looking for trail maintenance volunteers who love nature and projects where you can really see the work you have done at the end of the day.
Responsibilities: Volunteers will assist staff with the maintenance and upkeep of trails and other beautification projects on the campus and surrounding forest area. The site is 236 acres in total and includes standard trails, riparian, deep forest, and meadowlands.
Requirements: Must enjoy working outdoors, be able to lift 20 pounds comfortably, and be able to walk up to 2 miles.
Time Commitment: Volunteer days for trail maintenance are scheduled on Saturdays each month with shifts anywhere from 2 to 4 hours depending on the project.Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
Volunteer Rewards: Our thank you program allows volunteers to exchange accrued volunteers hours for onsite cabin rentals. People helping can exchange 30 hours for a two-person A-frame rental and 45 hours for a five-person Westside cabin rental. The volunteer must be the person staying in the cabin.
About Woolman at Sierra Friends Center
13075 Woolman Ln, Nevada City, CA 95959, US
Our mission is to steward diverse learning communities and educational programs that weave together spirituality, peace, sustainability and social action. Our lives and work embody a vision for peace and justice achieved through learning and service.
Woolman at Sierra Friends Center connects adults and youth in deep and meaningful ways with the natural world through its programs. Each area is part of our commitment to Quaker values:
- Camp Woolman. Our summer camp is committed to teaching the values of acceptance, self-sufficiency, peace, justice, and sustainability largely through multi-day wilderness hikes where campers backpack into the wilderness with a trained guide.
- Teen Leadership Camp. This summer experience is for older campers and trains them to become leaders and teachers as they spend most of their time hiking in the wilderness.
- The Outdoor School. This program brings STEAM and NGSS programs into the natural setting, helping students see the direct connection and use of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics in the natural world.
- Family Camps. This program allows people to connect with nature as a family through a partial work-exchange while onsite.
- Jorgensen School for Nonviolence. This nine-month program helps people learn the principles and history of nonviolence as it relates to themselves personally and the broader world.
- Personal Retreats & Rentals. Individuals, groups and families are invited to our facility for individual and group retreats.
We'll work with your schedule.
13075 Woolman LaneNevada City, CA 95959
- Habitat Restoration
- Outdoor Recreation
- Background Check