Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to steward diverse learning communities and educational programs that weave together spirituality, peace, sustainability and social action. Our lives and work embody a vision for peace and justice achieved through learning and service.
Woolman at Sierra Friends Center connects adults and youth in deep and meaningful ways with the natural world through its programs. Each area is part of our commitment to Quaker values:
- Camp Woolman. Our summer camp is committed to teaching the values of acceptance, self-sufficiency, peace, justice, and sustainability largely through multi-day wilderness hikes where campers backpack into the wilderness with a trained guide.
- Teen Leadership Camp. This summer experience is for older campers and trains them to become leaders and teachers as they spend most of their time hiking in the wilderness.
- The Outdoor School. This program brings STEAM and NGSS programs into the natural setting, helping students see the direct connection and use of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics in the natural world.
- Family Camps. This program allows people to connect with nature as a family through a partial work-exchange while onsite.
- Jorgensen School for Nonviolence. This nine-month program helps people learn the principles and history of nonviolence as it relates to themselves personally and the broader world.
- Personal Retreats & Rentals. Individuals, groups and families are invited to our facility for individual and group retreats.
Woolman at Sierra Friends Center accepts donations. Donate Now.