Cultural Orientation Instructor for Refugee Kids
2 people are interested
Th e volunteer instructor will teach Cultural Orientation class for newly arrived 6-12 year old refugee kids. Cultural Orientation is taught Tuesday - Thursday from 10am to 1pm every other week and covers topics introducing the refugee kids to life in the United States.
- Teach Kids Cultural Orientation class using the curriculum materials provided by LSS-SW staff (topics include Communication and Social Skills, School Rules and Skill lessons, Social and Emotional Health).
- Provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for kids.
- Report any barriers or concerns with the learning process.
- Work effectively with LSS-SW staff to coordinate class logistics and present material in a fashion conducive to kids learning.
- Work with interpreters to conduct class.
We'll work with your schedule.
2502 E University DriveSuite 125Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are needed currently to teach on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays from 10am to 1pm every other week at the LSS office. Volunteers should commit to teaching at least one class per session for at least 3 months.