Peer-to-Peer Program Manager
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Do you enjoy seeing an effort that you put your time and energy into grow? Do you get revitalized from collaborating with a dynamic and enthusiastic team of committed volunteers? Are you inspired by seeing your leadership guide others to be their best selves? We are looking for a person who understands and empathizes with the experience of the symptoms of a mental health condition who can help others. Is that you? If so, we want to connect! NAMI's signature program, Peer-to-Peer, is an 8 week course that looks at creating a personally designed life that helps people living with a mental health condition be happy and satisfied with a life they want for themselves.
NAMI is the nation's largest volunteer-led grassroots organization helping individuals affected by mental illness. Through our free services and programs, we offer hope and help save lives. The interactive program focuses on a personal vision statement, building a support network, setting and achieving goals, using wellness tools, communicating with your treatment team, self awareness and so much more. Peer-to-Peer is full of group activity and on the spot the group work. It is one of our most impactful programs nationwide and we need someone who will:
- Learn the program and lead others in program delivery excellence
- Promote the program in the San Fernando Valley/Santa Clarita Valley Community through social media, email blasts and flyer placement
- Help refine the process for establishing a class, vetting students, and recruiting teachers
- Help lock down locations all around the San Fernando and Santa Clarita Valleys to hold classes
- Be unafraid to create partnerships with like organizations to draw students and teachers alike to our classes
- Build a team of great teachers and organizers for excellent program delivery
- Report data to the national office to help tell our success story
- Familiar with Google Sheets and Docs
- Somewhat tech savvy
- Full of enthusiasm and passion for what we do
- Inspired and able to inspire others
- A reasonably good writer
- Reliable and able to commit to a minimum of 6 months of service knowing it will only make you more fierce, more grounded and more able to push yourself to grow
- Conscientious, a team player and a great leader
- Introduced to new platforms, skills and collaborative experiences
- A flexible, remote schedule
- Full training and guidance until your comfortable to take the reigns on your own
- A dedicated team of phenomenal and well educated volunteers to work with
- To build your skills and resume portfolio
- Time to spread your wings and soar in a dynamic, evolving and passionate volunteer community
Click "I want to help!" and provide your email, phone number and level of interest to start an immediate rewarding journey as a NAMI Volunteer! DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER!
We'll work with your schedule.
20151 Nordhoff StreetChatsworth, CA 91311
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- This position will most likely require a minimum of 5 hours per week, more in the beginning as you are trained in your new role.
- Reliable and consistent. We don't need someone who will "flake" on us. If you're serious, we're serious about you. Six month minimum to volunteer with us.