Computer Records Maintenance Lead
5 people are interested
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Use your technical expertise and leadership skills to further the Red Cross mission!
Volunteer needed to oversee the utilization and access of Volunteer Connection, the official American Red Cross volunteer engagement system. Serve as a volunteer supervisor and lead a team of administrative volunteers, training and guiding the team in maintaining and updating records.
- Provide expert support and guidance in the proper and maximized utilization of Volunteer Connection
- Conduct Volunteer Connection training, using official American Red Cross training materials for volunteers and volunteer supervisors
- Provide efficient and accurate data entry and record keeping for volunteer data
- Run reports, correct inconsistencies, data maintenance and updates, research and resolve issues, troubleshoot issues
- Educate volunteers on how to use Volunteer Connection, the online Red Cross record system for volunteers
- Ensure volunteer service hours are entered into the system
- Providing support to volunteers with varying levels of technological capabilities to help them with maintaining updated information in online records system, as well as logging service hours
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations preferred
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
- Work well both individually and with others
- Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners as well as board members, and senior management
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
- Strong computer skills, including data entry and troubleshooting
- Strong written, verbal and organization skills
- Effectively copes with change and can shift gears comfortably as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
About American Red Cross Coachella Valley/Morongo Basin Chapter
39665 Entrepreneur Lane, Palm Desert, CA 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
39665 Entrepreneur LanePalm Desert, CA 92211
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Website Project Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training