1 person is interested
Special Events Intern
ORGANIZATION: Mid-Michigan Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
- The Event Management Intern is an organized, and enthusiastic team member with a strong commitment to providing the highest quality guest experience. You will be responsible for coordinating and planning collaborative fundraising and community events.
- MMCM offers a flexible schedule. Interns can work up to 30 weeks full time. Must be able to commit a minimum of two months and 10 to 15 hours a week to be considered. This internship is unpaid.
Primary Event Management Intern Responsibilities
- Plan collaborative and community events as assigned
- Organize facilities, manage all event details including decor, catering, entertainment, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Contribute to coordination of the museum’s signature fundraising events (Arts from the Heart).
- Assist with day-of logistics for all collaborative and community events and all signature fundraising events.
- Assist with the management of volunteers during events.
Event Management Intern Qualifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of computer programs, specifically Word and Excel
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as collaborative skills to work with museum staff and community partners
- Ability to manage people and projects in a creative and fast-paced environment
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- A persistent self-motivator who can work with minimal oversight and achieve goals on a consistent basis
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to connect with diverse types of organizations: schools, businesses, government, faith-based organizations, etc.
- Comfort speaking in public
- Prior experience working with young children and/or families
Contact MMCM Museum Assistant Emily Schmidt, email@example.com or call (989)-399-6626 for more information!
About Mid-Michigan Children's Museum
315 West Genesee Avenue, P.O. Box 2283, Saginaw, MI 48602, US
Our mission is to provide a fun, hands-on place where children can use their curiosity & creativity to learn about their world.
to provide a fun, hands-on place where children can use their curiosity & creativity to learn about their world.
315 W. Genesee AveSaginaw, MI 48602
May 11, 2022
- Event Design & Planning
- Program Management
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Schedule is flexible
- Must be a college student majoring or minoring in event-related area of study