2019 Your Next Step is the Cure Arizona 5K!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Each step you take is one step closer to the Cure.
Volunteer with us on February 24th, 2019 in Peoria, Arizona for the Annual Your Next Step is the Cure 5K and BBQ! Visit the website for more info: https://arizona2019.yournextstepisthecure.org/
Our Your Next Step is the Cure events raise much-needed funds for the patient services and clinical research projects of the Bonnie J Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, as well as provide fun, family-friendly activities, including music, awards and more.
Below is a breakdown of what tasks will be available during different time slots throughout the morning. These will all be delegated the morning of the race:
700:- 8:00am (Before registration)
- Setting up registration area
- Event set-up: help set patient resources tent, registration set up, lifting and unloading boxes, etc.*
- Setting up team banners
- Setting up team tents: bringing shirts/food/water to each tent
- Parking assistance
- Registration assistance: helping participants fill out registration forms, taking money/checks, etc.
- Pre-registration check-in: checking people off of our list and directing them to the right location
- Greeting participants
- T-shirt hand out: distributing t-shirts to individuals as they check in
9:00-10:00am (While the participants are walking/running):
- Food/drink hand out: along the course, handing waters/fruits to participants
- Medal organization: making sure all medals are organized before they are announced
- Course monitoring: Making sure people are going the right way and that the course is marked clearly*
- Participation encouragement: cheering for participants as they run/cross the finish line
- Timing company coordinator: getting the timing company the registration forms and helping them with getting numbers registered for those who are running.
- If you need a break, you can stop by the volunteer tent to enjoy water and snacks/fruit.
- Event break down: breaking down registration, breaking down patient resource tent, folding linens, taking down team banners, cleaning up trash, lifting boxes (up to 50 lbs.), repacking boxes, etc.*
*Volunteers will be engaged in physical activity; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activities include walking, standing, sitting, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation is committed to providing equal opportunity for our volunteers and prohibits any unlawful discrimination.
8866 W Thunderbird Rd.Rio Vista Community ParkPeoria, AZ 85345
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hour commitment