9 people are interested
ALERT!! Disaster Relief: Disaster Action Team Members Needed! Impact Your Community! We are flexible
9 people are interested
The Red Cross San Bernardino County Chapter is in need of Disaster Action Team Volunteers.
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters and assist the Red Cross in delivering mission by alleviating human suffering caused by disasters. DAT Associates respond to the needs of victims of local disasters (such as house fires)and provides them with compassion and the resources needed to meet their immediate needs (such as shelter, food, and clothes.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standards as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader
Time Commitment: Time commitment varies based on availability. DAT responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours.
*Strong organizational, verbal, written communications skills
*Preferably Bilingual (looking for fluency in English and Spanish)
*Ability to be a team player
*Able to respond at all hours or as scheduled with own transportation
*Non-judgmental and aware of diversity issues
*Able to maintain confidentiality with clients matters
#ClimateAcitonCorpsTraining: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
October 5, 2021
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Crisis Counseling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies based on availability. DAT responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours. We are flexible!
- Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.