6 people are interested
URGENT!! CALLING UPON NURSES! Blood Drive Nurse Needed Now! IMPACT Y OUR COMMUNITY
6 people are interested
Save Blood Drives, Save Lives
Put your license, professional background, and skills to lifesaving practice. Be a part of our R.N. Program today!
Please join us on our mission to reduce canceled blood drives and missed blood donation opportunities by being an American Red Cross Volunteer Registered Nurse.
Did you know? It is required to have a Registered Nurse on-site at Blood Drives in California? In order to ensure consistent blood collection operations, we would like to have a group of volunteer registered nurses with an active license in the State of California to be available, if needed, to be present at the blood drive in the event that one of our staff nurses call out. The Volunteer RN would not perform any assessable, regulated tasks.
- Serve as a licensed professional at blood drives
* Oversight of donor eligibility and donor reactions
* Observe donors post-donation
* Encourage donors to use RapidPass
* Educate donors on the best donation type for their blood type
* Build relationships/recruit volunteers
Two 7-hour shift per month.
- Active California RN license
* Orientation and training5 total days in a 4-week span
* Flexible scheduling for drives whether on-call or advanced scheduling
* 2 drives or more a month, for 6+ months commitment
* Note: Cannot split up the training, miss a training day, come in late or leave early from training
2 Virtually & 3 full days' classroom training in Pomona (Orientation and RN of Record Training)
Length of Appointment:
6 months minimum.
RN of Record Scheduler, RN of Record Coordinator/Supervisor (positions to be developed)
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
September 16, 2021
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Two 7-hr shifts per month, 6 months minimum
- Active RN license, blood drive nurse training provided! It's your time we need to save a life!