10 people are interested
Volunteer Resources Program Assistant
10 people are interested
VOLUNTEER RESOURCES PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit healthcare organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss. Our mission is to provide exceptional services that inspire people who are visually impaired to attain their goals. With Lighthouse Guild, people who are at risk for, or affected by, vision loss have access to all the resources necessary to lead full, independent and productive lives. We provide services, research and education, and advocate to help people with low vision and blindness. Our vision is a world in which no person is limited by their visual capacity. The Volunteer Resources Department administers the volunteer recruitment, screening and interviewing, orientation, training and education, placement and referral, retention and recognition processes for Lighthouse Guild. Our current corps of volunteers consists of 700 volunteers who contribute to the success of the organization and carry on the legacy of service of the organizations founders.
Position: Volunteer Resources Program Assistant
Job Summary: This position is ideal for an individual with an interest in or experience with non-profit management, human resources administration or business management, who also possesses a strong customer service orientation and communications skills who is interested in an opportunity with critical responsibilities in a busy department. The ideal candidate will help implement and administer the volunteer recruitment activities for Lighthouse Guild. At the conclusion of this placement, the volunteer will know the essentials of recruiting, screening, placing, orienting, training and cultivating volunteers for an organization.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director:
- Create recruiting documents.
- Conduct outreach efforts to get information about the organization’s volunteer opportunities to potential volunteers.
- Process new volunteers.
- Staff volunteer events.
- Communicate with volunteers.
- Assist with program creation and implementation.
- Conduct internet research.
- Support the administrative needs of the department.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including clear diction is required.
- The ability to take and follow instruction, take initiative and apply critical thinking skills is required.
- Prior experience where customer service skills have been used is preferred.
- Interest/experience in business/public administration, marketing and taking on responsibilities that are important to the operation of the Volunteer Services Department is necessary.
- Experience managing a project independently then to completion is required.
- The ability to exhibit excellence in the execution of your responsibilities is required.
Please submit a resume and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include the hours you are available to serve in your cover letter. Direct all questions to the Stephen T. Pearlman Volunteer Center at (646) 874-8688.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lighthouse Guild
250 West 64th Street, New York, NY 10023, US
Lighthouse Guild is the leading not-for-profit healthcare organization dedicated to addressing and preventing vision loss through coordinated vision and health services. With Lighthouse Guild, people who are at risk for, or affected by vision loss have access to all the resources necessary to lead full, independent and productive lives. We provide services, research and education, and advocate to help people with low vision and blindness.
Lighthouse Guild was officially formed in December 2013 when Jewish Guild Healthcare and Lighthouse International merged, to become the leading not-for-profit vision + healthcare organization. Drawing on more than 200 years of combined service, with histories dating back to 1914 and 1905, respectively, Lighthouse Guild’s experience is unmatched.
250 West 64th StreetNew York, NY 10023
November 4, 2021
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Administrative Support
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- The ideal candidate is available approximately 20 hours per week and will be present in the office 3 or 4 days per week for at least 4 hours per day.