Board of Directors (Advisory Board Member)
7 people are interested
Opportunity to make a meaningful impact while developing personally and professionally.
Expand your Network!
Display Leadership Capabilities!
A start up non profit organization that aims to provide our Board members with an impactful experience that will allow members to make a positive change in the community, while developing personally and professionally through their board service.
Season to Soar's mission is to combat social and economic factors that hinder communities. Our current areas of focus are poverty and youth development
The board of directors is responsible for working as a collective to further Season to Soars’ mission and help us fulfill our commitment to the communities that we serve.
Primary Tasks :
- Develop and implement strategic planning for organizational growth
- Solve high priority issues
- Lead the organization out of the startup phase and into a prominent non profit that is making an impactful change in needy communities
- Expand the organization's current youth development program
- Secure ample funding for the organization
Responsibilities and Duties
Board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Serve as working board members, who are willing to fundraise, execute organizational programs and conduct operational activities
- Identify resources that will enable the organization to advance its mission and function to its full capability
- Strive to secure a minimum funding requirment for the organization
- Board members are required to make a minimum $50 annual contribution to the organization. (In an attempt to give all qualified members an opportunity to apply for the board opening, even if they are experiencing financial difficulties, the annual contribution may be waived for qualified applicants who express a financial difficulty before their board terms begin)
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
We'll work with your schedule.
400 S State StChicago, IL 60605
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Community Outreach
- Monthly Board Meetings