Cook Breakfast for Travelers from Around the World
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
We are need of a few volunteers to help cook some breakfast food for travelers from around the country and world. The breakfast would be pretty straight forward (think eggs, taters, bacon, etc) and we will need help with prep and clean up. Hoping to make this a bi-monthly event or with enough interest, weekly. We can accommodate groups that want to volunteer, too! After cooking, you are welcome to eat the breakfast and chat with the guests staying at the hostel.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication and more!
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International Austin
2200 S Lakeshore Blvd, Austin, TX 78741, US
"To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling."
Hostelling International-Austin operates a 47 bed hostel in Austin. Located centrally on the southeast shore of Ladybird Lake on the hike and bike trail, HI-Austin has been serving hostellers visiting Austin since 1989.
In addition, to further our mission we host free travel classes in the Austin and San Antonio area. Our travel classes are curriculum based and include: World Travel 101, Women Traveling Solo, Europe on a Shoestring, US National Parks and Hostel Hopping, Family Budget Travel and more!
We also have a youth education program called Cultural Kitchen that involves youth coming to hostel, cooking a meal for hostel guests and meeting others from around the world.
For more information please visit:
We'll work with your schedule.
2200 S. Lakeshore Blvd.Austin, TX 78741
- Cooking / Catering
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 Hours