After School Program Volunteers Needed! (Fresno, CA)
DONATE TO THIS
34 people are interested
As volunteers with LINC, you will help low-income youth achieve not only academic but also personal growth and success. Research shows that due to the lack of resources there is a greater likelihood that a low-income child will face incarceration than ever complete a single college course. This is a discouraging statistic. We are breaking this trend. Youth Education Volunteers at LINC Cares serve at after-school programs and summer camps that provide fun recreational activities, support strong educational habits, and promote good health and positive social development for children in our communities.
The after-school program runs Monday thru Friday from 2:30pm - 5:00pm. We ask that all volunteers serve one day a week for a minimum of three months.
- Providing homework support and 1-to-1 tutoring
- Organizing recreational, computer, and arts & crafts activities
- Promoting positive social development
- Mentoring and being a positive role model
- Setting up & cleaning up of facility
Youth education services take place directly at LINC Housing apartments inside LINC Cares community centers fromMonday thru Friday. Our staff and volunteers’ primary goal is to keep kids safe by creating an environment that fosters learning and creativity- free of charge to those most in need.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the lives of low-income youth in our community!
How to Enroll:
To qualify as a Youth Education Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
- Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
- You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
- Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
- You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Asia Bogan at 562-684-1148 or email@example.com
About LINC Housing
3590 Elm Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807, US
LINC provides affordable housing for people underserved by the marketplace. Our communities are known for excellent design, outstanding management and life-enhancing services.
LINC Housing builds, owns, and operates affordable housing for low-income families and seniors throughout California. Its resident service department, LINC Cares, provides life-enhancing services to residents. Our staff members teach and collaborate with nearby agencies to facilitate classes and activities that cover health, exercise, financial literacy, after-school care, ESL, computer skills, crafts, volunteer opportunities, social events, and field trips to experience science, nature, and the arts.
Check us out!
Facebook - www.facebook.com/LINCCaresCA
Instagram - @LINC_Cares
We'll work with your schedule.
3513 N Pleasant AveFresno, CA 93705
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One day a week from 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- Weekdays and afternoons only